Friday, November 5, 2010

Arina "Rocks"

We took Arina to her ped today. Poor baby is probably thinking we are a little crazy right now. She got 3 different x-rays, 8 tubes of labs, 4 shots, and a TB test. They tested her for everything from HIV to Hepatitis.
Her chest x-ray doesn't look too bad (I'm used to seeing Jax x-ray) Her heart is not enlarged, but the shape is suspicious. She needs an echo stat, but it needs to be sedated, and since we know she has airway issues, we can't sedate her until we talk to ENT first. So we were able to squeeze her into ENT next Tuesday, then we can know if we need to do general anesthesia in the OR. They will also do a hearing test when they do the echo. Trying to get this girl fine-tuned!
She also needs a swallow study, she chokes like crazy when she eats, and I'm guessing she needs thickened milk.
But she is fitting in just fine. And the boys love her "trick"!


10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys!!

    I hope they are able to figure her out and get her healthy!

    She is so adorable!! I watched your video at the airport and your boys are so cute with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little punkin!

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I am sooooooo happy she is home! I was bawling through that enitre video of her home coming. Christoher loved watching too - especially the part where she met Jaxson and they put her hand on his little cheek. :)


    Ok. Now I have to ask, WHY does your hospital insist on sedating babies for echos? I mean, if there is something that measures differently when sedated, I understand. But if it is just because they don't want to bother with a squirming baby while doing the test - I think I would come unglued. Christopher never had to have a sedated echo, except when he was already sedated and happened to need one (after surgery, on the vent, etc).

    Not judging, just wondering if we are missing something?

    Enjoy your girl!!!

    Love to all of you!

    Steph and Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arina is so cute. you can tell she is loved. Lacey you give me hope oneday i'll get my little girl too. Love love love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can just SEE how much your boys love their little sister! She is so precious!

    Kayla
    http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call that the airplane! She is amazing - so very, very strong!!! Love watching these - she is home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and your family! What a beauty! She is so lucky to have all of her brothers to love on her. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so extremely happy Arina is home and fitting in so well! I love her rocking trick too, so cute!

    Congratulations on being her Forever Family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so sweet, and I love seeing her with the boys:) How much joy you have in your home!!! I love her rocking, that takes some serious muscles:) We used to call them "Banana Rocks" when we had to do it in gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete